As a Chairman of the Emirates Thyroid Congress (ETC), and on behalf of my colleagues, committee members, it gives me great pleasure to invite you to our first annual congress, taking place in Abu Dhabi on March 15-16 of 2019.
In these two days, we will be delivering a cutting-edge program where advances and recent discoveries in the field of thyroidology will be highlighted. We will also address special population category topics such as thyroid diseases in pediatrics and pregnancy. Our program will feature plenaries, experts in the field panel discussions, cases based discussions and research posters presentations. The congress will focus in depth on thyroid neoplasm and functional disorders as well as minimally invasive surgical approaches and robotic surgery. All that will be brought to you by high-class leaders in the field of thyroid from across the world in order to form un-unforgotten educational experience that takes into consideration best available evidence, technology and experience.
Towards a practice of excellence, we look forward to seeing you all in the beautiful Abu Dhabi, the capital. A place where culture and evolution merge.
MBBS, FRCPC, ABIM, FACE
Sheikh Khalifa Medical City
- Internal medicine
- Family practice
- Medical oncology
- Nuclear medicine
- General surgeons
- ENT surgeons
- Radiation oncology
- Medical students and fellow
- Nuclear medicine technician
- Pediatric Endocrinology
- Nuclear medical physicists
- Robotic surgery
- Functional thyroid disease
- Novel therapies for Thyroid Eye diseases
- Surgical advances and minimally invasive surgery
- Ablative therapies in benign and malignant thyroid diseases
- Functional thyroid diseases and thyroid malignancy in Paediatrics
- Thyroid diseases in pregnancy
- Molecular Markers in evaluating Thyroid nodule
- Artificial intelligence in the Assessment of thyroid nodule
- Management of low risk and advanced thyroid cancer
- Genetic profiling for treatment of MTC
- Tyrosine kinase inhibitors and Targeted therapy in thyroid cancer
- Surgical Management of hyperparathyroidism
5th February, 2019
6th February - 6th March, 2019
7th March, 2019 onwards
|Non-Physicians & Residents|
Thursday, January 20, 2019
Notification on Acceptance/Rejection:
Tuesday, January 25, 2019
Clinical reviews, basic, translational abstracts or case reports may be submitted in the following categories:
- Thyroid Autoimmunity
- Iodine Uptake and Metabolism
- Thyroid Cancer
- Thyroid pathology
- Thyroid surgery
- Thyroid Hormone Metabolism and Regulation
- Thyroid Imaging
- Thyroid nodules and goiter
Language and content
All abstracts must be submitted in English using the online submission form on the www.ThyroidCongress.ae website with a limit of 2,245 characters (approx. 300 words)
- All accepted abstracts will be presented as posters on Friday, March 15, 2019.
- Participation can be accepted in 2 ways: Abstract Presentation as Poster or Oral Presentation
- Withdrawal of abstracts can only be accepted if notified in writing. It is possible to withdraw an abstract 14 days after notification on acceptance.
- If selected, it is the responsibility of the presenter to bear his travel and accommodation expenses.
- The same abstract and title submission indicated while submitting, needs to be used during the Congress and not another topic can fill your currently accepted slot.
- If your Abstract gets approved as a Poster, the specifications of the poster shall be sent to the accepted abstract owners at later stage
- If your abstract get approved as an Oral Abstract, then please note the following –
- Oral presentations are assigned for 8 minutes including 2 minutes for discussions.
- Oral presentations will take place during the lunch break on March 15th, 2019.
Presenting Author and Registration
- The presenting author and/or co-authors must register as an active participant at the conference at the latest 14 days after the notification of acceptance received for the abstract.
- Emirates Thyroid Congress Committee reserves the right to exclude any abstract from the scientific program that is not followed by a participant registration at the latest 14 days after notification on acceptance.
Oral Abstract Winners
Top 3 abstracts including oral abstracts will be awarded as follows:
- 1st winner – $500
- 2ndwinner – $300
- 3rd winner – $150
The abstract will be judged on the followings: Originality, Impact on Practice, Presentation and Methodology
Call for Abstracts/ Clinical Vignettes/ Case-based discussion:
Get a chance to discuss the challenging clinical scenario and have global experts pick their minds!
– Clinical vignette (case capsule) submission is open along with abstracts.
– 1 hour dedicated session that will involve case presentation with an interactive discussion
This is your chance to share your thoughts and learn from experts!
Clinical Case submission details:
1. Case capsule to be submitted in Word format (500 word limit)
2. Following sub sections: Presentation, Investigation and Management
3. Clinical Question to be answered needs to be mentioned separately
4. Standard of care/ Guideline- recommendation and if any deviation from the standard to be explained
Selected cases will be informed to the Authors along with Abstract deadlines.