As a Chairperson of the Emirates Thyroid Congress (ETC), and on behalf of my colleagues, committee members, it gives me great pleasure to invite you to our second annual congress, taking place in Abu Dhabi on March 13th & 14th of 2020.
Following the success of our first one which was highlighted by the pronounced delegates and speakers interactions, in these planned two days, we will be delivering a cutting-edge program where advances and recent discoveries in the field of thyroidology will be discussed. We will also address special population category topics such as thyroid diseases in pediatrics and pregnancy. Our program will feature plenaries, experts in the field panel discussions, cases based discussions and research posters presentations. The congress will focus in-depth on thyroid neoplasm and functional disorders as well as minimally invasive surgical approaches and robotic surgery. All that will be brought to you by high-class leaders in the field of thyroid from across the world in order to form an unforgotten educational experience that takes into consideration best available evidence, technology and experience.
Towards a practice of excellence, we look forward to seeing you all in the beautiful Abu Dhabi, the capital. A place where culture and evolution merge.
Eiman Alseddeeqi, MBBS, FRCPC, ABIM, FACE
Consultant Endocrinologist, Sheikh Khalifa Medical City
✓ Internal medicine
✓ Family practice
✓ Medical oncology
✓ Nuclear medicine
✓ General surgeons
✓ ENT surgeons
✓ Obstetricians and Gynecologists
✓ Radiation oncology
✓ Medical students and fellow
✓ Nuclear medicine technician
✓ Pediatric Endocrinology
✓ Nuclear medical physicists
✓ Thyroid Robotic surgery
✓ Functional thyroid disease
✓ Novel therapies for Thyroid Eye diseases
✓ Surgical advances and minimally invasive surgery
✓ Ablative therapies in benign and malignant thyroid diseases
✓ Functional thyroid diseases and thyroid malignancy in Pediatrics
✓ Thyroid diseases in pregnancy
✓ Molecular Markers in evaluating a Thyroid nodule
✓ Management of low risk thyroid cancer
✓ Advanced thyroid cancer management in adults and pediatrics
✓ Genetic profiling for the treatment of MTC
✓ Tyrosine kinase inhibitors and Targeted therapy in thyroid cancer
✓ Surgical Management of hyperparathyroidism
✓ To deliver extensive and state of the art lectures, globally recognized guidelines and experts’ opinion in various thyroid functional and anatomical related topics addressing special population as well such as pediatrics and pregnancy.
✓ To deliver the latest technological and medical advances in thyroid surgeries and advanced thyroid malignancy that is refractory to conventional management.
✓ To deliver advanced surgical techniques and robotic surgery skills in thyroidology.
5th February, 2020
6th February - 5th March 2020
6th March, 2020 onwards
|Non-Physicians & Residents
Abstract Submission has been extended for 1 more month
Sunday, February 19, 2020
23:59 Hrs (UAE time)
Notification on Acceptance/Rejection:
Tuesday, February 28, 2020
23:59 Hrs (UAE time)
Clinical reviews, basic, translational abstracts or case reports may be submitted in the following categories:
- Thyroid Autoimmunity
- Iodine Uptake and Metabolism
- Thyroid Cancer
- Thyroid pathology
- Thyroid surgery
- Thyroid Hormone Metabolism and Regulation
- Thyroid Imaging
- Thyroid nodules and goiter
Language and content
All abstracts must be submitted in English using the online submission form on the www.ThyroidCongress.ae website with a limit of 2,245 characters (approx. 300 words)
- All accepted abstracts will be presented as posters on Friday, March 13th, 2020.
- Participation is accepted in 2 ways: Abstract Presentation as Posters or Oral Presentation
- Withdrawal of abstracts can only be accepted if notified in writing. It is possible to withdraw an abstract 14 days after notification on acceptance.
- If selected, it is the responsibility of the presenter to bear his travel and accommodation expenses.
- If your Abstract gets approved as a Poster, the specifications of the poster shall be sent to the accepted abstract authors at later stage
- If your abstract get approved as an Oral Abstract, then please note that the Oral presentations are assigned for 8 minutes including 2 minutes for discussions.
- The same abstract and title submission indicated while submitting, needs to be used during the congress and not another topic can fill your currently accepted slot.
Presenting Author and Registration
- The presenting author and/or co-authors must register as an active participant at the congress, at the latest 14 days after the notification of acceptance received for the abstract.
- Emirates Thyroid Congress Committee reserves the right to exclude any abstract from the scientific program that is not followed by a participant registration at the latest 14 days after notification on acceptance.
“Oral Abstract Winners” –
Top 3 abstracts including oral abstracts will be awarded as follows:
- 1st winner – $500
- 2nd winner – $300
- 3rd winner – $150
The abstract will be judged on the followings: Originality, Impact on Practice, Presentation and Methodology
Call for Abstracts/ Clinical Vignettes/ Case-based discussion:
Get a chance to discuss the challenging clinical scenario and have global experts pick their minds!
- Clinical vignette (case capsule) submission is open along with abstracts.
- 1 hour dedicated session that will involve case presentation with an interactive discussion
This is your chance to share your thoughts and learn from experts!
Clinical Case submission details:
- Case capsule to be submitted in Word format (500 word limit)
- Following sub sections: Presentation, Investigation and Management
- Clinical Question to be answered needs to be mentioned separately
- Standard of care/ Guideline- recommendation and if any deviation from the standard to be explained
Selected cases will be informed to the Authors along with Abstract deadlines.
SOFITEL ABU DHABI CORNICHE
A stay at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche places you in the heart of Abu Dhabi Corniche, convenient to Capital Garden and Louvre Abu Dhabi. This 5-star hotel is within close proximity of The Corniche and Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank.
Make yourself at home in one of the 280 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and LCD televisions. Complimentary wired and wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and satellite programming provides entertainment. Partially open bathrooms with separate bathtubs and showers feature deep soaking bathtubs and rainfall showerheads. Conveniences include phones, as well as laptop-compatible safes and desks.
Enhance your brand position and increase your exposure driving real value. Ensure your company stands out from the crowd by taking up one or more of these value-added opportunities!
Sponsorship of the Emirates Thyroid Congress provides an excellent opportunity for companies operating within this exciting field to explore the market and interact to build lasting relationships with current and prospective clients at all levels and segments – corporate and government departments.
- Meeting your target audience face-to-face
- Direct selling to serious buyers in an active buying mode
- Building prospect databases
- Generating high-quality sales leads
- Building relationships with existing customers
- Demonstrating products / services
- Generating media exposure
- Building brand awareness
- Launching new products/ services
- Positioning your company as a market leader
- Targeting, testing and developing new markets
- Conducting market research
- Identifying and recruiting new distributors or partners
- Networking with industry peers
Exhibiting at the Emirates Thyroid Congress presents multiple benefits to your company, including providing a comprehensive platform for targeted promotion and brand exposure where leading members of the Orthopaedic Surgery and related medicine fields interact to encourage networking and educational opportunities, and develop its future. Showcase your products to leading experts and professionals from both corporate and governmental departments as well as allied health specialists practicing Orthopaedic Surgery related medicine.
Booking is on a first-come-first-served basis. A trade exhibition covering pharmaceutical products, diagnostics and lab tests, lab ware, medical equipment, and instruments, will be organized during the conference at the same venue.